“What about your friends, will they stand their ground,
Will they let you down again?
What about your friends, are they gonna be lowdown,
Will they ever be around,
Or will they turn their backs on you?
What about your friends, will they stand their ground,
Will they let you down again?”
Ladies, it’s officially road trip season. Road trips are friendship goals set to include a group of your favorite girls, snacks, a dope playlist and some amazing stops planned along the way. I want to invite you on my road trip of navigating through friendships. This road trip will be stopping at some important places and going over some pretty important topics on friends, different types of friendships, and balancing all of it. Here are some of the stops we will be making:
- Everyone is NOT meant to be YOUR BEST FRIEND: This is the first stop on our friendship journey. We will learn how to differentiate between a good friend and a best friend, why having too many best friends can be unhealthy, and learning the expectations of a strong committed friendship.
- Certain Friendships Grow Old: Do friendships last forever? We like to hope that they do, but unfortunately that is not the case. Some friendships change, and people grow apart. We will go over letting go unnecessary friendships and how to recognize the signs of a solid friendship.
- Getting through loneliness as the unmarried, no kids, friend: Your friends are getting married with kids, while you are single and childless. This can be a hard journey to be on. You are equally excited and happy but maybe feel like the fifth wheel or a bit lonely. We are going to navigate through the journey together with tips on how to cope with loneliness, get through possible jealousy (Being real) and how to maintain a healthy friendship with married friends.
- The 10 Bridesmaids Syndrome: Getting married, or hoping to get married in the future? Then hop on in the car for this trip! Similar to the “everyone is not meant to be your best friend topic”, choosing who will be apart of your wedding party is an important choice, and will have you re-evaluating your friendships and support system. I will be giving some tips on who should be considered a bridesmaid and my revelation on why five – seven bridesmaids is more than enough to be apart of your big day.
- Finding Friends For Your Current Season: This journey connects with getting through loneliness as the unmarried and no kids friend. I will be sharing tips and ideas on how to find friends on the same or similar journey, and discovering new friendships and support groups.
- Jesus is the Ultimate BFF: This last stop in the journey is more personal, because it’s simply involves you and one other person. JESUS. Who can provide a better friendship than Jesus? No one, and if your relationship with Him have been on the struggle bus, I suggest you hop off that bus, and invite Him on a one on one road trip journey. He will listen, offer the best advice, won’t get bored, and will comfort you like no one else will. I will give some tips on what is currently helping me grow in my relationship with Jesus and what has been successful for others.
I’m excited to have you all on this journey, and I can’t wait to see how God will use it for His glory and purpose! There will be a video discussion on Facebook to follow each topic and will be posted twice a week for the month of June. There will also be a separate blog with a helpful professional idea that can help in the process of finding that dream job or at least getting your foot in the door.
Until Next Time,